Wednesday, February 1, 2012

All you need

Recently I asked God to remove me from a situation in my life, if it was not apart of His will. I have asked Him numerous times, yet I never received an answer until now! Yesterday when reading 2 Corinthians, I came across this scripture...

    Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:8-9.

God has been pushing me to grow EVEN STRONGER through this situation. I have learned that I am not putting all of my trust in Him and I need to learn to DEPEND ON HIM and not give into my weaknesses. He is not going to remove me from the situation but He is giving me the grace to withstand it. When I cannot do anything else, I need to REST and STAND on his promises. I need to STOP trying to figure out things on my own! It never works anyhow! (smh at myself) That's when confusion comes into our lives through our mind (Our mind is cluttered with thoughts of different strategies of how we can figure out the unknown). God is not a God of confusion but of decency and order!

In those verses above, Paul is telling us that we should boast about our weakness because through them the power of Christ can work through us. Everyone of us can remember singing Jesus loves me in church as a child, remember this one line, They are WEAK but He is STRONG.

So when your weakness gets the best of you or u feel as though you are becoming frustrated  because you have done all you can, just Rest on His many promises and begin to sing that Hymn as reassurance that He loves you, this I know! ;)

Here are a couple Bible verses that I have been studying recently:

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:31-34 NLT)

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. (James 1:2-4 MSG)

Be Inspired,

Sweet Lady ;)

2 comments: