Friday, July 20, 2012

All of our heart


How many of us have asked God to allow us to grow? Ya know, "Make me stronger in you Lord", " I desire to be closer to you Lord”, “Align my life to your will God...but when the time comes for us to grow in Him and we struggle or even sometimes give up. I know I have been there. You are just sick and tired of the same ole struggle right? Me too. I am there right now. But we must press on. When we ask God to allow us to grow and mature in Him, we should expect to be hit up with tests and trials. Those make us stronger. For example I was tested the other night BIG TIME... directly after church (I know I am not the only one this happens to)

After coming home I got in bed to relax. But, then I received a text from someone twelve or more hours after I had texted them. So I get extremely upset because when I text them back they act as if I had just texted them a few minutes prior and it’s no big deal. In church, that particular night Bishop Daniel Robertson had preached a sermon title called "My foundation". In this sermon, he explained the importance of God being our foundation and that we should not LOVE anyone more than God. He then went on to say that, many times we as individuals will say "I love that person with all of my heart". WRONG! We should not love anyone with all of our heart except GOD! Because when the people in our life are not consistent, considerate or just do not live up to our standards/expectations we will not fall apart in disappointment. However, we can always depend on GOD to go over and beyond any of our little standards. In the middle of my anger, I heard a still small voice say...This is a test. My response, if I can be real was, "BUT I AM PISSED OFF, WHY CANT I BE MAD? But then I realized I had put my hope and expectancy in the wrong person. I depend on GOD not MAN. Let’s be honest sometimes we get mad at God and He never denies us and is always there for us, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365! Can you say that for all of your friends and family? (SN: I need to blog on God tugging on your spirit and your flesh)

I say all of this to say that, we must be ready for the tests that come in our growing season. That means staying grounded in the word of God and spending a lot of time with God everyday! We will then be ready with what we have studied and heard from God during our quiet time.



Blessings,



Ciera

2 comments:

  1. this is more true than ever. People will always fail us, but god, he never does. We need to wholeheartedly submit to god and what he wants. THat means we put our trust in him.
    I love this.
    I love your heart as well.
    I love how much you love God and want to share taht.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much hun! God gets the glory not me. He is teaching me so much so if I can encourage someone else that may be going through the same thing as me, I will. I hope you had a great day and that you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete