Friday, January 27, 2012

Quiet Time!

Quiet time is so necessary. Recently, God allowed me to come across a new blog. The blog is www.heatherllindsey.blogspot.com, written by Heather Lindsey. As I was reading her blog, she continued to stress the importance of having quiet time with the God. This was something that God had been speaking to me for months about. I had fallen off over the past few months. Things have been semi-stressful the past few months, no fault but my own. I was/am trying to control things that no one but God can! I would wonder why things weren't changing because I was trying so hard! I mean really wrecking my brain with worry y'all! But that's the thing, with God I dont have to try. I can rest and be sure that He will fight my battles and go ahead of me and make everything work for my good! (Ephesians 14:14 and Romans 8:28.) That just excited me SO! He is so AMAZING to me! My eyes fill at his goodness! I am so thankful!

It is important to take time out during the day to spend in reflection. It gives God time to pour into you. When u are constantly busy, your mind can become filled with clutter. One thing Heather said in her blog post was that, when she would not have her quiet time she noticed she would become easily frustrated and she would often let her emotions control her. That was an Aha moment for me! lol

OK OK OK ....So, what do u do during this time you ask? I'm glad u asked...lol You can read, write in a journal, pray, draw, get a pedicure, go to a coffee shop, go to the library or whatever allows you to have serenity and release all of the worries from the day and just BE!

I have noticed such a difference in myself since beginning this and I encourage each of u, who may read this to set time aside for YOU and HIM! (Psalm 46:10)


Be Inspired,

Sweet lady! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment